Thursday, March 15, 2012

I'm so tired!!

I tell you what, going from a normal 9-5, going to the gym and going home to make dinner and get to bed at an appropriate hour to do a flip to the morning show shift is a killer.  I tossed and turned all night I woke up at least 3 times between 10pm and 3am (I'm wondering if I was just still too wound up from the gym).  But I got myself going!  

One of the things that I do to start those mornings off right when I do the morning show is I have an egg sandwich and orange juice.  Just a good start to the day good carbs and protein and some vitamin C to kick start the day.  Cause at 3am you either need a good breakfast or a swift kick in the ass and those are hard to come by at 3 in the morning!

Then I crank up the music and rock out in the weather center as I put the forecast together.  I'll sing to get my voice to warm up so it doesn't sound like I just woke up.  And I may even do some dance-like movements, but those are few and far between.  

The morning shift isn't terrible, its fast paced up until 7am and then after that it gets a little slower to 9am and then it stops until noon.  Its a super fast forecast period before 2uneIn and then there's the radio forecasts and the WBRZ weather channel updates and all of that has to happen before the show begins at 5am.  4am to 5am is frantic!  (sometimes its so fast that I adjust the forecast as the morning goes on...shhhh.)

Though today it didn't change much from what I originally wrote down. 


Its usually a jumble of numbers and pictures.  The whole morning.  Tomorrow I'll try and remember to take some more pictures of what it looks like when I am forecasting.

Now to see what else I can do before I have to start winding my evening down.

No comments:

Post a Comment